Why Real Estate Agents Should Be Using ChatGPT
If you’re a real estate agent and you’re not using ChatGPT, then you’re missing out on the biggest thing to hit the industry since the invention of indoor plumbing (or at least since the invention of the internet). As most readers know, ChatGPT is like a super-powered personal assistant, powered by AI technology and capable of doing just about anything (except maybe make coffee – but rest assured, it’s working on that too).
Seriously, ChatGPT is so good that Elon Musk thinks it’s “scary good.” And if anyone knows about scary things, it’s a guy who sends rockets into space, overpays for companies by $20 billion, and constantly antagonizes regulators and pretty much everyone else on Twitter. But don’t worry, ChatGPT isn’t going to take over the world (yet). Instead, it’s going to help you take over the real estate market by doing all the heavy lifting for you. As if that wasn’t already good enough, ChatGPT won’t cost you an arm or a leg to use. In fact, as most of you also probably know, it costs you nothing at all because the platform is FREE.
If You’re Not Using ChatGPT, You’re Losing 15 Hours/Week (At Least!)
Here are just a few ways that you can use ChatGPT to make your life easier (and your competitors’ lives harder – as long as they don’t see this blog too; so don’t share it…)
- MLS Descriptions: Want to make your listings stand out from the competition? Let ChatGPT do the heavy lifting for you by generating descriptions that are SEO-friendly, engaging, and informative. Just input the basics about the property and watch ChatGPT work its magic.
- Business Plans: If you’re not sure where to take your real estate business next, let ChatGPT be your guide. Just input your goals and objectives, and ChatGPT will create a customized roadmap for you, complete with actionable steps, timelines, and benchmarks. It’s like having a personal business coach, but without all the awkward small talk.
- Cold Calling Scripts: Hate making cold calls? Let ChatGPT do it for you (just kidding – ChatGPT can’t actually make phone calls). But it can help you develop effective scripts that are tailored to your target market, product or service, and goals. And the best part is, the scripts will sound so natural, your clients will never know you had a little help.
- Social Media Content: Want to make your social media presence pop? Let ChatGPT generate a content calendar for you, complete with relevant topics, hashtags, and keywords. And if you’re feeling stuck for ideas, ChatGPT can help with that too – just tell it what you’re looking for (cat memes, anyone?).
- Emails to Clients: Tired of sending the same boring emails to your clients? Let ChatGPT spice things up by generating language that is tailored to the client’s needs, interests, and goals. Just input some basic details about the client and watch the magic happen.
- Summarizing Complex Concepts: This is something I have been doing for months now. Whenever I have a complex concept I need to explain in my blogs, I ask ChatGPT to summarize it for me. ChatGPT has helped me better explain banking issues, sovereign debt crises, and the positions of various macro analysts, to name a few examples.
- Newsletters: If you have been intimidated by the thought of sending out an original newsletter, please be intimidated no more. ChatGPT can help generate ideas, summarize concepts (see above) and write and edit interesting articles.
- Finding Jello Salad Recipes: Okay, this is actually supposed to be a humorous nod to my Midwest upbringing, as I suffered through all too many Jello salads at every potluck I ever attended. Hopefully, ChatGPT can improve on them, but I suspect this will be another area where technology will meet its limitations.
So there you have it – just a few of the many ways that ChatGPT can help you take your real estate business to the next level. I am sure, however, that there are many things I have or ChatGPT** missed, so please feel free to share them with me and I will likely do a follow up blog. My main point though is that is essential for everyone to start experimenting with this excellent technology – or get left behind. We are implementing it into every aspect of our own systems here at JVM and are delighted with the results.
**PS: As further proof of how incredibly effective ChatGPT is, most of this blog was written and edited by ChatGPT! As a sidebar, my Marketing Team insists that we need to say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ every time we use ChatGPT so that when the computer overlords finally take over, we won’t be on their sh*t list. (So, you might keep that in mind too 😊)
PPS: Our marketing team is comprised entirely of ChatGPT experts, so if you’d like a little help with prompts or integrating ChatGPT into your day, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Sign up to receive our blog daily