Every highly successful person I know is a first class “delegator.” This is an absolutely necessary skill that takes years to hone.
We have observed several keys to productive delegating.
1. Don’t be afraid to hire an assistant. You will be more productive. I was afraid of the expense for years, but once I started hiring, the expense was way more than offset by the additional productivity.
2. How to hire an assistant? We hire young, very congenial college grads with high GPAs, and high “S’s” and “C’s” on their “DISC” personality tests. These people are very accountable and diligent (and fun to be around).
3. How to train? Just start. Write stuff down. Make outlines of everything your assistant needs to know. People get too bogged down with this, but the key is to just make time for it and start.
4. Trust. Once you delegate, you have to remove your ego and trust that things will get done. It took me far too long to realize that almost everyone at JVM can do almost everything way better than I can.
Founder/Broker | JVM Lending
(855) 855-4491 | DRE# 01524255, NMLS# 335646