This is another reminder that we love to call listing agents when offers are made simply b/c it is so effective.
Listing agents have in fact told us on numerous occasions that it was our phone calls that pushed our buyers to the top.
When we call, we follow the same script every time and it works:
- Introduction: We introduce ourselves and explain why and on whose behalf we are calling.
- Appraisal: We tout our hand-picked appraiser panel and our 5-day appraisal turn times.
- Pre-underwritten File: We tout the fact that we completely pre-underwrite our files and why there will be no financing issues.
- Speed: We tout our ability to close in 14 days.
- Strengths: We illuminate strengths of the buyers, e.g. low debt ratios, assets, credit, job stability, etc.
- Personal Factors: We also highlight personal factors about the buyers to humanize the offer. We get to know our borrowers well during the pre-approval process and we learn many personal attributes that are worth sharing and help strengthen offers.
Lastly – if listing agents let us know we are “close” or that there are concerns, we are often able to work with our selling agents and buyers to overcome concerns or to increase the offer just enough to get the deal.
If you are a selling agent, you should have your lender (preferably us 😊) call the listing agent with every offer b/c… it works.
Founder/Broker | JVM Lending
(925) 855-4491 | DRE# 01524255, NMLS# 335646