This is a short blog, but it is a great reminder for every agent working with or catering to newlyweds!
Cash received for a wedding gift can be used towards a down payment – without any of the paper trail or gift letter hassles normally associated with down payment gifts.
This is for conforming (Fannie/Freddie) loans only – but it is a great benefit for newly married homebuyers.
The only conditions are:
- The purchase has to be for a primary residence.
- The funds must be deposited into the borrowers’ account within 90 days of the marriage.
- The borrowers must provide a marriage license/certificate.
- The borrowers must provide a letter that notes every gift and confirms that it was for the wedding.
Note: Even Venmo gifts are OK.
So, if you ever have a single client who is having trouble sourcing down payment funds, you might suggest marriage 😊
Exclusive Program for Soon-To-Be Newlyweds
JVM is launching a new program for soon-to-be newlyweds where we will contribute gift funds for their home purchase in the form of closing cost credits.
Stay tuned for more details about how your clients can take advantage.
Founder | JVM Lending
(855) 855-4491 | DRE# 1197176, NMLS# 310167