I just listened to John D. Rockefeller’s Biography by Ron Chernow. It was 35 hours long, but I highly recommend it if you have a few minutes to spare.
Here are some fascinating facts that make me think Mr. Rockefeller’s success was not just luck.
1. He was worth $340 Billion in today’s dollars! Bill Gates is “only worth” $80 Billion, so you can imagine Rockefeller’s power.
2. He retired young and lived to be 97.
3. He lost every hair on his body at a relatively young age.
4. He was at all times extremely diligent, thoughtful and careful, and never quick to react.
5. He was always extremely calm, greatly enhancing his negotiating power and employee rapport.
6. He was great at spotting talent, focusing on brain power and people skills over experience and education.
7. He made sure all employees were able to delegate every one of their duties so they had to time put their feet up and think up new ideas about how to make more money.
I love # 7 b/c I know far too many people who are stuck in 100 MPH ruts, without ever learning to delegate or stopping to think about what they can do to improve things.
Founder/Broker | JVM Lending
(855) 855-4491 | DRE# 01524255, NMLS# 335646