We constantly see loan officers and realtors build and train highly talented teams only to see them leave as soon as they hit their peak. In contrast, we have many friends who have extremely talented team members who never leave. Here are the reasons why:
1. Sharing the Wealth/Profit Sharing: This was one of the biggest morale boosters at JVM. We have extremely generous tiered bonuses (based on loan volume for compliance) that ensure that everyone shares in JVM’s success.
2. Company Culture: Talented Millennials value this over money. It revolves mostly around safety and contribution. Team members have to feel safe to express themselves and to make an occasional mistake. Yelling or publicly chastising is never OK in any circumstance.
3. Sharing the Vision/Upside: Talented people need to see the broader vision and the upside.
4. Controlling Stress: This is a work in progress at JVM, as surges in volume sometimes tax our excellent team. We cross-train so team members can help each other in all areas. We also encourage fun events like dart gun wars and flip cup games to lighten things up. And finally, bosses need to make sure all concerns are heard and addressed, and they need to step in to help.
Founder/Broker | JVM Lending
(855) 855-4491 | DRE# 01524255, NMLS# 335646