One of the nicest things that ever happened to me was this – a super successful real estate agent pulled me aside and said, “I have to be honest with you – your website really, really sucks. I am serious. It’s awful…” :)
It was so nice b/c it was the impetus we needed to revamp everything, and that agent continued to provide invaluable advice throughout the process.
That agent was once a marketing consultant for Realtors until he got tired of watching his clients make all the money and decided to become a Realtor himself, to practice what he preached. It worked.
Here are a few of his tips for Realtors (quoted directly):
1. Personal brand. Personal brand. Personal brand. No Gmail, Hotmail, yahoo, etc. If you want your professional opinion taken seriously, position yourself as a professional, not hobbyist.
2. Identify your target market. Get hyper focused and become known. Generalists aren’t remembered or referred business.
3. Social media. Your photos, copy, and ads should all be aligned with your target market and position you as the solution to their pain point.
4. Social relevance. Online reviews build credibility. Provide fanatical service and ask for clients to share their experiences on Yelp, Zillow, Facebook, or Google.
Founder/Broker | JVM Lending
(855) 855-4491 | DRE# 01524255, NMLS# 310167