The WSJ had a great article this morning about how to project intelligence – something we all need to do when meeting with potential clients or referral sources. It was amusing b/c I am guilty of many behaviors that clearly do not work.
Things That Do NOT Make You Look Smart:
1. Putting on serious/somber expression
2. Using big words and complex sentences
3. Moving faster than others
4. Talking on and on, or too much.
Things That DO Make You Look Smart:
1. Wearing glasses (it still works)
2. Using middle initial
3. Looking at others while speaking.
4. Being responsive in conversation
5. Speaking in a pleasant expressive voice
6. Using clear language
7. Self-confident expression
Here is a link to a 2 minute video about this: http://www.wsj.com/video/how-to-look-and-sound-smart/FBE46712-394B-4F96-A1D3-57B2DA2BF738.html
Jay Voorhees at (925) 855-4491
Real Estate Broker, CA Bureau of Real Estate, BRE# 01524255, NMLS# 335646