Calling Listing Agents; From 2nd to 1st; What We Tout
Some of our selling agents have us call the listing agent every time they make an offer. They do this b/c it works.
The effectiveness of listing agent calls was illuminated again this week when our phone call pushed our offer from a solid 2nd place to a rock solid 1st place, and we’re now in contract. The listing agent in fact told me that it was our phone call that sealed the deal.
When we call, we follow the same script every time and it works:
1) Introduction: We introduce ourselves and explain why and on whose behalf we are calling.
2) Appraisal: We tout our hand-picked appraiser panel and our 5-day appraisal turn times.
3) Pre-underwritten File: We tout the fact that we completely pre-underwrite our files and why there will be no financing issues.
4) Speed: We tout our ability to close in 15 days.
5) Strengths: We illuminate strengths of the buyers, e.g. low debt ratios, assets, credit, job stability, etc.
6) Personal Factors: We also highlight personal factors about the buyers to humanize the offer. We get to know our borrowers well during the pre-approval process and we learn many personal attributes that are worth sharing and help strengthen offers.
If you are a selling agent, you should have your lender call the listing agent with every offer b/c… it works.
Feel free to send our above script to your lender :).
Founder/Broker | JVM Lending
(855) 855-4491 | DRE# 01524255, NMLS# 310167