100% Financing With CalHFA’s Dream For All Program
PROGRAM UPDATE AS OF 4/6/2023: e were just informed by CalHFA that as of Friday afternoon, the CalHFA Dream For All Program is now entirely out of funds, and the program is now paused. Please contact us to discuss alternative financing options at (855) 855-4491 or [email protected]
What is the CalHFA Dream For All Program?
On March 27th, CalHFA launched its most aggressive effort yet to help first-time homebuyers in California with its new program, CalHFA Dream For All!
CalHFA’s Dream For All Shared Appreciation Loan is a down payment assistance program for first-time homebuyers. The shared appreciation loan provides 20% towards your down payment and/or closing costs.
How CalHFA Dream For All Works
– The CalHFA Dream For All provides a loan for 20% of the home purchase price, and there are no payments required on the 20% loan!
– Borrowers will be required to pay back the original loan amount plus 15-20% (depending on income level) of any appreciation in the value of the home.
– CalHFA allows for a one-time “limited cash-out” refinance without needing to pay back the 20% loan.
– Income limits to use this program vary by county ($282k maximum for most of the Bay Area!).
– CalHFA also provides the 80% 1st mortgage through JVM – at very competitive interest rates.
CalHFA Dream For All Requirements
In order to use this program, borrowers must meet the following requirements:
- You must reside in the home and meet the CalHFA definition of a first-time homebuyer (you cannot have owned a primary residence in the last three years).
- CalHFA Dream For All funds can only be used for 1-unit properties in California.
- You must meet the income, combined loan-to-value ratio, and sales price limits for the county where the property is located.
- CalHFA Dream For All requires a minimum credit score 660-680, depending on income level.
- You must complete a CalHFA-approved homebuyer education class.
- You must occupy the property as primary residence within 60 days of closing.
- The CalHFA Dream For All funding must be paired with CalHFA’s Conventional First Loan
Funding for this program is limited!
Don’t wait on this opportunity! If you’re interested in using the CalHFA Dream For All Program to purchase your home, contact our team today to get started!
Founder | JVM Lending
(855) 855-4491 | DRE# 1197176, NMLS# 310167